Pages

Translate

Monday, February 10, 2014

Helpful Remedy For the "After" of a Panic Attack

    I meant to post this some time ago.  I asked for help with managing adrenal letdown several weeks ago after an incident of mom-worry that ended up not being what I thought it was, but the conclusions I was drawing in my head were so frightening that I had a LOT of adrenaline pumping.  The adrenaline letdown I had after that was a doozy.  Even several hours later, after eating, resting, drinking water, etc. I was so lightheaded and had the hardest time focusing on anything.  The altered focus, etc. was still evident a few days later, and I was so fatigued.  This is one of the things that led to me going back on medication, which I talked about in this post.

    Any way, the suggestion given to me was to take an epsom salt bath  with 4-6 cups salts (I misread and have used 2 cups salts and this has been beneficial) in the hottest water you can stand.  Soak for at least 30 minutes.  This is a proven way to increase cellular magnesium as well as sulfate--both of which neutralize and then detoxify the adrenaline.  Take a glass of water in there with you and be sure to hydrate.  She recommended soaking for 45 minutes before bed, which helps you to sleep well despite the earlier stress response.

    I haven't done it with the larger amount of salts, but I find that I am taking epsom salts baths at least 3 times per week lately.  It's become almost an auto-pilot response to feeling anxiety lately LOL. I also add about 5 drops of essential oil into the bath; I love rose oil an have also used lavender, lemon and sweet marjoram (separately).  It's amazing how much better I feel just being in the water, apart from adding anything else to it. I've noticed this whenever I get into a swimming pool--I feel my whole body relax. Don't know if that's because I'm a scorpio or what, but I'm totally a water baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment